Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peace at Mind

Ok, so recently I watched The Hangover Part II, hilarious movie cannot begin to describe how hard I laughed, and when the scene popped up where the guys all visited that monk palace I started to wonder if meditation actually worked. So, like any other person with questions, I Googled it. As it turns out, meditation is different than what I expected. Essentially, meditation is like taking a power nap while your still awake. It's like your sort of turning off your brain for a minute and let it reboot and refresh itself. 

The key to meditation is to focus on your breathing. It should be slow and steady, breathing in through the nose and out the mouth. I was really curious about the benefits of meditation and even decided to try it myself. Before you can feel a difference in your day to day life you have to get into a routine and do it often. I only did it twice just to see if i could feel any difference at all. Immediately I felt refreshed, my thoughts more organized and had a lot of energy.

I don't know if I'll ever get into a habit of it, but it was an interesting experience and I might just have to do it again. So if life gets a little hectic and you need a way to calm down and destressify(it's my new word don't judge), then try this. It's easy and works fast. Until next time.



Peace Out,

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment