Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing Up

You know, at my age(14), I should be excited about growing up. I'll be driving soon, I'm taken more seriously, I'm getting stronger, smarter, and things just make more sense to me now. But, I feel almost the exact opposite. I feel that it's only the stuff that comes along with growing up that people life, but it really is just payment for the major loss you don't even realize you went through until you're 40 something and you can't get it back.

I'm still really young and I already realize this. Everyone around me is growing up in both age and attitude and I still long for the days when girls were icky and the only decisions you made were choosing between the blue or red crayon. I want to go back to the days when cooties were the only disease to be worried about catching, it seems like all my generation cares about anymore is getting them from as many people as possible.

It seems as though the magic has just vanished from my life and a major reality check has just presented itself to me. I miss Santa and the Easter Bunny. I have a pretty good life, not many complaints, but I just want some of the magic back. Just a little spark of that pure innocence only little kids posses. I guess it's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.



Peace Out,

-Ben

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should possibly find a mate, with the immaturity that you seek. You seem to ignore the love side of your life in your blog. Maybe that is what you seek, a partner to the immatureness that you wish to find so desperately.

    Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete